fot

Re: Response to Handicapping ( "No Subject" )

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Response to Handicapping ( "No Subject" )
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 03:13:13 GMT
This is one of the reasons that the Northeast Division of the SCCA has the
Historic Race Group (HRG).  It is for cars 1973 and earlier, but cars can have
flares and modern convieniences, if so desired.  Most cars are closer to
vintage specs and there are some that run both in "vintage" racing and SCCA
HRG.  Then there are others like me that run in HRG and SCCA production
classes (EP in my case).  Tires must be a "vintage" tire or a DOT road race
tire (such as Hoosier R3S04's or Goodyear GS-CS).  No Slicks (although groups
like SVRA consider the DOT RR tires as equivalent to slicks there is a big
difference).  Joe(B)