fot

Re: Tappet talk

To: Fubog1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tappet talk
From: Larry Young <larry.young@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:56:38 -0600
Maybe a picture will help.  This is out of a Ford design manual -
http://home.swbell.net/cartrip/CamTaper2.gif (do we believe Ford or
Mercedes?). Keep in mind that the figure is greatly exaggerated.  With a
50 to 60 inch radius, the total height of the crown is less than 0.002.
Lobes in a TR4 engine are offset about 0.050 from the lifter bores.
(Sorry Chris, all dimensions are in inches).
Larry