fot

Re: Fw: 1972 TR-6 Triumph

To: rob <19to1tr6@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: 1972 TR-6 Triumph
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:58:05 -0700
rob wrote:

>Hi guys  Last week after seeing the post  re scapper.com thank you Henry  I
>asked them for a tr -6 pc  and good news they have it
>But Kevin at scrappers .com had a question and needs our help
>seee below    thanks rob

I'm a bit confused by his question--is he simply referring to the engine
displacements, or is he referring to engines as installed in the saloon
cars, the 2000 and the 2500? If it's just a matter of the engine size,
then, yes, the two pans are different in the front section on some cars,
because the larger-displacement engine has a larger stroke.  The 2500cc
engine in the TR6 has a deeper pan, while the 2000cc engine as used in
the GT6 is considerably shallower at the front part.  The 2000cc pan, as
used in the GT6, is only 0.875" deep at that section (top of mounting
flange to bottom of pan) with a 0.125" deep relief stamped in for rack
clearance about three inches back from the front of the pan.

Was the same part used on the 2000 saloon car? Can't say--don't have a
car available.  If all the mounting points were the same, and the bodies
and frames were the same on the 2000 and 2500 saloons, both cars could
use the same deeper pan.

What I can say with some assurance is that the shallow 2000cc GT6 pan
cannot be used on the 2500cc engine without modification (one must
hammer in dimples to the front of the pan for crank and rod end clearance).

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....