fot

RE: Questions on Resurrecting an early 70's Spitfire Racecar.

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Questions on Resurrecting an early 70's Spitfire Racecar.
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:01:29 -0800
 You might bump into the occassional enduro or longer event that you'd like
to have more fuel for. I'm pretty sloppy about the amount of fuel I carry,
though when I was racing the radical we were really precise about it--a
gallon extra in a serious race car makes some difference, but in vintage
it's nothing.

I always figure that for Peyote a gallon is eight minutes of racing. Eight
gallons should be more than enough for 40-60 minutes of racing. even if your
beast is really thirsty.