fot

Alloy Heads soon to be made by Canley Classics of Coventry, UK

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Alloy Heads soon to be made by Canley Classics of Coventry, UK
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 04:37:12 EST
Fellow FOTers

I am told by my friend: Dave Pearson of Canley Classics, Coventry, England
that very soon now, Aluminum Alloy Cylinder Heads will (at long last) be made
available for our cars for the first time...(not counting the factory alloy
heads used on the race cars).

The following are Dave's latest words (today February 11th 2006) on the
subject:

*
*********

Some early questions regarding our alloy cylinder head(s) revelation need
answering.

"What's the weight saving?"

In simple terms an aluminum equivalent to a cast iron head (bare) is a third
of the weight. This holds true for any like for like aluminum replacement
anywhere in the engine bay, water pump housing, water pump, etc. A worthwhile
weight lose you will agree. Although our head's will be outwardly similar to
the
original cast iron ones we are taking advantage of this opportunity to improve
them in several respects, in ways that aren't possible with the original iron
head. This however will not affect that simple weight saving equation.

"Any performance & economy improvements as a result?"

See above. We have looked long and hard at where things could be improved as
a result of starting from scratch with new patterns. We have sought extra
advise from respected Triumph head modifiers of standing. We have not
undertaken
this process lightly bearing in mind the costs incurred that would be
foolhardy. Several interesting inherent weaknesses came to light in the
original head
as a result of sectioning and sampling original cast iron heads, hopefully now
removed for good.
By far the greatest improvements will be for the 2ltr Vitesse and GT6, simply
removing all of that weight from ahead of the front axle will bring huge
benefits in handling if nothing else!

"What models will your heads fit?"

Although we see our biggest potential market amongst the TR6 boys, we intend
to have heads to suit every application on the shelf as soon as feasible. The
first off head will be fitted to a 2.5 engine in the next couple of weeks,
full production follows after that has been extensively tested.

I have NFI, but urge all interested parties to keep an eye on the Canley
Classics website for developments, support this exciting development and hey,
do
me a favor, as a fellow FOTer and mention my name if you contact him.

Best Regards

Lion F Guyot

<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963";>http://community.websho