fot

[FOT] RE: Roller Rockers & cam failure

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] RE: Roller Rockers & cam failure
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:08:10 -0500
     Not that I would doubt your conclusions about your problem, but let me
say that I would never use the bronze guides in any engine I build. I have
had several seize valves in all kind of engines from MGB to AH 100-4 to TRs.
If you do not give an extra large clearance to the valve stem, they will
seize, especially if you are using any kind of umbrella stem seal. If you
give enough clearance so the valve does not seize, then the engine sucks oil
past it. I do not think you can win with the bronze guides.