fot

[FOT] JE Pistons for Spitfire (+.040) (or GT6 (stock)?)

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] JE Pistons for Spitfire (+.040) (or GT6 (stock)?)
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:12:38 -0600
I'm ordering a set of new pistons from JE Pistons for my Spitfire (+.040).  I
have three good pistons and one seriously busted one from when I had an engine
go south a couple of years ago.

I've sent a sample piston to JE to have them match it.  They'll make pistons
only in quantities of four or more.  We've been quoted a price of $140 per
piston.  I'll be having them make four new pistons for me since that's the
fewest they'll make.  At least I'll have three good spares....

I've been using the stock size GT6 pistons in my Spit engine (2.940 bore) --
would these new JE pistons work for a stock bore GT6?

If anyone else is interested in having a set made, let me know in the next
couple of days and I'll ask JE to send to me the specs of what they're making
and you can decide if it will work for you.

Scott