fot

[FOT] History Question

To: friendsoftriumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] History Question
From: jimdonick <whimsey1@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:31:27 -0500 (EST)
Leave it to the Allard guy to come up with this one.   It seems that on 2 May,
1954  in the Iowa City Sports Car Races (taking place in the rain at the Iowa
City Airport) the Novice Over 1500cc race was won by a George Bare in a Triumph
Roadster (can't say if it was an 1800 or a 2000) that was powered by a Cadillac
engine. There's a picture of him in the cockpit in an Issue of Sports Car for
that year so I'm sure it's one of the Roadsters.

I can't imagine how he shoehorned the caddie in or what they did relative to
the brakes which were originally hydro-mechanical but. . . does anybody know
anything about it or what happened to the car?
It's kind of a neat/perverse idea, isn't it?

kind regards to all
jimdonick