fot

Re: [FOT] spring packings needed

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] spring packings needed
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:56:18 -0800 (PST)
Jack: I may have some at the shop leftover from past restorations that
you are welcome to have. If you buy new springs from Moss they are
taller and require the removal of the spacers. I had a gentleman come
in that had his suspension rebuilt elsewhere and his complaint was the
the front of the car rode high and rough. Sure enough, the rebuilder
had used new springs and the old aluminum packings and got quite an
interesting effect in the handling. I will check this afternoon when I
get back to the shop if that's soon enough. Thanks - Ed