fot

Re: [FOT] acceleration forces

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] acceleration forces
From: matt matthews <mattspit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:20:54 -0600
I have seen my  oil pressure hold in a 4th gear 6000 RPM high speed long
corner, go down to 30 with an accusump on hard breaking at the end of the
corner, down to near or at zero on a hard 2nd gear corner after that
breaking and partway down the straight the oil pressure finally comes back
up. At that time we had a windage tray, one longitudinal baffle and one
horizontal baffle.
We re-did lots of things in the sump. Did testing on an open sump on wheels,
watching fluid movement on hard stops, lateral fluid movements under
constant side load are easy to resolve. We have solved the problem. We also
installed a site glass to look at the oil level in the sump.

Better overkill than dead.