fot

Re: [FOT] compression ratio

To: KENMUN@aol.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] compression ratio
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:19:27 -0500
At 08:16 PM 3/20/2006, KENMUN@aol.com wrote:
>fot, i hope this question isn't too dumb, but how do you calculate the
>compression ratio?
>my tr3 has an 87mm bore, stock crank & rods and a head with .110" removed
>thanks,
>  ken m.

Ken,

Here are the relationships:
CR = swept vol / compressed vol

swept vol = cyl vol + head gasket vol + deck clearance vol + eyebrow vol +
#1 ring vol + comb chamber vol

compressed vol = head gasket vol + deck clearance vol + eyebrow vol + #1
ring vol + comb chamber vol

I have an Excel spreadsheet which makes running "what-if" drills
easy.  I'll be glad to send it if you'd like it.

hth

Jim
--
Jim Hassall