fot

Re: [FOT] AP Aluminum Calipers

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] AP Aluminum Calipers
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:47:59 -0800 (PST)
Bill: I too have a set of aluminum girling calipers identical to the
later TR3 style. I bought them for the Devin that I've since sold to
Susan and Brad and if memory serves me correctly paid about $750 for
them, in need of refurbing. One had a crack where the fitting screws
in and after I had that welded by Bobby Archer, and I cleaned and
rebuilt them I had about $1000 in them. Very nice pieces. They were
used on F1, Indy, and F5000 cars, which is where my set came from. I'm
not really sure what I'm saving them for...things like that need to be
on a car.

Thanks - Ed