fot

[FOT] More Hallett

To: "Amici Triumphi" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] More Hallett
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:37:24 -0400
My flight got cancelled, still stuck in Atlanta. Delta put me up for the night,
but didn't get my checked bag. Not to worry, my carry-on is my driving gear, so
if a race breaks out I am oh-so-ready...

I need to say more about CVAR and the track owners. Both are first class
operations. It is always a pleasure to see people doing things the right way.

Being an unknown driver to any new club can be an interesting exercise of
wills. I found Art Summerville in his RV, sat down with him for a while and had
a delightful chat while he looked at my VDCA driver credential, a copy of my
medical, and filled out the forms. When my ride didn't maerialize due to oil
leaks, I asked Art how we handle this. He asked if the car would be fixed
tomorrow, I responded it looked promising, and Art told me to have fun
tomorrow. No fuss, no paperwork, just a smile. This is my kind of club! Of
course, I would be remiss if I did not thank Team Drews for the opportunity to
see the track from the best seat in the house. Truly the best part of the
weekend for me!

Then, when Tim Suddard won his race, Mike Stephens himself rode up to offer his
congrats. When JK won his race, Mike showed up again. How cool is that.

The Stephens family did a fantasic job making us all feel most welcome. The
food served at the two track dinners was great, and is seems the standing joke
is the track cafi has the best track food in the county. Of course, they are
the ONLY track in the county. But I really think it was the best track food I
ever had, just another indicator of a family run business working hard to
please it's customers.

Looks like they are loading the plane again. Hope this one gets off the
ground...

Henry Frye
Sent from my Treo PDA