fot

[FOT] Performance Street Tires Supply - Maybe GRM Story Subject

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Performance Street Tires Supply - Maybe GRM Story Subject
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:34:03 EDT
Amici

    I have done something that I swore that I would not do again: purchase
some Firestone tires. I do have a 30 day return right, which I still may
exercise. Firestone is the only manufacturer that I could find for a relatively
high
speed ( H rated or above) performance ties in the size 14 inch, 70 series,
215. This is as close to the original specification tire as I was able to find
so
far for my 78 Mercedes, it actually originally came with higher rated tires.
If someone knows of another tire manufacturer with performance street tires
(130 mph plus) in this size, please let me know.

    I trust that this is going to be growing issue for those of us with older
performance street cars that sometimes get to go to "test days" or
occassional club outings at the track. There is not very many options at 14
inch, I
suspect I am going to find even less at 13 inch for the TR8 when that come up
in
the near future.

   Cary