fot

RE: [FOT] "Copolymer"

To: "'N197TR4@cs.com '" <N197TR4@cs.com>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] "Copolymer"
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:41:19 -0700
 copolymers are just linked monomers which are long chain molecules. shoe
soles are coplymers, so are a lot of resilient plastics and some
not-so-resilient ones.

All this kind of chemistry is faded memory to me, but as I recall, Nylatron
is a trade name for a copolymer formed by adding elastomers to nylon. The
resulting mix polymerizes under heat in a mold (the monomers link up and
shake out the kinks). About any plastic that aims to be tough and resilient
is generally a copolymer. In other words, these bushings are nothing
special.