fot

[FOT] Brake Calipers

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Brake Calipers
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:12:36 -0500
Greetings Fot,

Am considering splitting my stock brake calipers on my TR-6 race car to
replace the "O" rings. I really cooked them last summer during a major
brake failure and one seems to be leaking. I have heard in the past
that you should never take apart brake calipers as they will never be
the same once they are re-assembled. Is there any truth to this? Should
I just get ahold of a used pair and rebuild them? The other question is
- what should I torque the bolts to if/when I reassemble? The shop
manual doesn't show a spec for re-torquing the caliper bolts. Anyone
had any experience with this issue?

Allen

Jody & Allen Washatko
N65 W5567 Columbia Road