fot

[FOT] TR6 Manifold Gasket Query

To: 6pack@mit.edu
Subject: [FOT] TR6 Manifold Gasket Query
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:57:26 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I recall seeing this on the list recently, but I can't recall how it
resolved... can anyone confirm that Moss PN 695-030 is the thick black
composite manifold gasket?

I'm having probs getting my header to seal after milling the head, so I'm
going to try doubling up the gasket in case the header flange is fouling
on the block because of the milling job. This is a 12:1 motor - the head
is severely milled (if that matters).

But I've had really good luck with the black composite gaskets in the past
and I want to make sure that this is what PN 695-030 is. Note: this is an
early federal spec head.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx