fot

Re: [FOT] TR3 Rack & Pinion Conversion

To: Mark York <m-syork@comcast.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR3 Rack & Pinion Conversion
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 06:07:39 -0700 (PDT)
Mark: It is similar to a conversion I did for a customer for his street car a
few years back. Either this gentleman didn't have them yet, or I was not aware
of them. Mine used the four bolts that mount the bumper brackets. They go
through tubes that are welded into the chassis and are quite strong locations.
The down side is that I found it mounts the rack a bit too high and increases
the bump steer beyond an acceptable rate for racing. I would also question the
acceptability of the conversion in the vintage race groups that you run. Thanks
- Ed

Mark York <m-syork@comcast.net> wrote:  There is a no-weld rack & pinion
conversion being advertised on the Vintage
Triumph Register website. Has anyone seen this, would you considered using
this in a racing application?

I'm a little suspect about any bolt-on application but it looks like a
simple fix, any ideas/comments?

Mark

=== Help keep Team.Net on the air
=== http://www.team.net/donate.html