fot

[FOT] There is a God!

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net'), vtow@autox.team.net,
Subject: [FOT] There is a God!
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 20:28:44 EDT
Amici:

If you are not a subscriber, I urge you to seek a copy of the current issue
of AUTOWEEK (May 15TH, 2006).  Then turn to the bottom of page 31 where they
tell about a sale at the BARRETT-JACKSON AUCTION in Palm Beach, Florida on
April
1st, 2006.  A 1963 TRIUMPH TR4 sold for $97,200.00.  Described as an
outstanding two year restoration project, with documented photos of no expense
spared.
 AUTOWEEK was stuned, and said the seller was lucky enough to have two
well-heeled bidders in the audience, who stayed in the hunt after a third
bidder
dropped off at the $50,000.00 mark.  AUTOWEEK suggests they would have been
astounded at a $50,000 sale price.

BALONEY.  Uncle Jack Drews restored a TR4 for me a couple of years back, that
looks JUST LIKE this car.  It is reassuring to us both to see the market
finally reflects our efforts.  As they said when Lady Godiva rode side-saddle
down
the streets of Coventry...,"Hooray for our side!"

Bill (Damdinger)