fot

Re: [FOT] Mallory Distributor

To: jwags@dotnet.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Mallory Distributor
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:06:02 GMT
I would just set mine to a total advance of 32 deg BTDC and left it at that.  I
have been running 13.5:1 CR.

Recently I have abandoned the mechanical advance in my Mallory, since the
bushings that the weights are on wore thru and wore the posts too. This all
caused the weights to rub on the inner body of the distributor housing, trying
to cut it in half.  Rather than replace all the guts, I changed to electronic
advance as an add on to my MSD 6AL box.

Check the bushings on the weights every so often to see if they are wearing.
Joe(B)

-- "John" <jwags@dotnet.com> wrote:
    Just purchased a Mallory dual-point for a TR3 with a 11/1 compression
and race cam.   With all the adjustments I would like to know if I should
leave the distributor at 24 degrees total or change it.  I was thinking of
dropping the total advance down on the distributor  to give me a better idol
    Also I noticed the spring rate on the Mallory is stronger  then the old
Lucus, slowing the curve down.  Is this good or bad?  Please advise.

Thank you John Wagner jwags@dotnet.com

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!