fot

[FOT] TR4 #197 Transmission and Engine Update.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] TR4 #197 Transmission and Engine Update.
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:41:54 EDT

for a Transmission Troubleshooting Guide.  Thanks!!!

TR4 #197 engine and transmission came out yesterday, with support from son
Sean.                 I also had a root canal.

Recovering from both today.  I will use it catching up on replies overdue.

Engine was dismantled and will gone through completely...lots of debris, but
crank looks grindable.

Exploring options on tranny rebuild....based on the astute feedback from the
list.   I love the close ratio after having one for the last three years.  No
sense doing a uninformed band-aid.

In spite of this driveline failure during the race weekend, I consider the
weekend pretty successful, for a lot of reasons.

Thanks for the support on the tranny....

Joe (A)