fot

[FOT] Gold Cup

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Gold Cup
From: "marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:26:00 -0400
This is for any of our Eastern TR buddies who have decided to skip the
Gold Cup at VIR this year due to the new management (RVMR) and/or an
understandable aversion to Porsches.  It appears that neither the new
management nor the Porsches are going to be there so it should be a safe
and fun weekend after all.

I called VIR today to make sure everything's OK before I load up to make
the 10 hour pull next week and apparently entries are down due to the
confusion or whatever and most of the Porsches are going to another
event the following week.  According to the entry list so far there are
6 big TRs (Leo, Dean, George, Allen, Gene and Don) and 4 Spitfires (Tim,
Leigh, Quinn and Freddy) already registered.  There are nearly as many
Triumphs as there are Porsches and BMWs combined (the featured marques).
They're also waiving any late registration charges.

I know there were several folks on the fence about this one but it looks
like it might be much more relaxed than we were expecting.   We'll be
docked up on the hill near the restrooms, hopefully by Wednesday
evening, serving cheap white wine and whatever snacks Jolene puts out.
Don