fot

RE: [FOT] Crank dampener and harmonic vibration

To: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Crank dampener and harmonic vibration
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:45:56 -0400
      I am no vibration expert but my studies have shown that the more equal
the weight of the dampener and flywheel/clutch, the less vibration. I have
an ATI dampener on a TR4 motor that is "tuned" to the engine by different
density "O" rings inside (according to the manufacturer). It is not cheap,
but it is supposed to work up to 7,300 rpm. I have a lightened aluminum
flywheel with standard TR7 5 speed pressure plate and GT6 disc. One of the
big Jag SCCA racers gained something like 1,000 rpm by putting on a bigger
dampener, not smaller. I would do more investigation before removing it.
Barry