fot

Re: [FOT] TR-8 goodies

To: Mike <mikee@ragtops.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR-8 goodies
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:21:56 -1000
No help here, but boy, Carbon fibre is in really short supply. I'm
having a stand-up paddle surfboard built, and I can't get a carbon
fibre paddle because the manufacturer is completely out of materials,
with no respite in sight. My board is supposed to be ready today (the
fibreglas work these guys do is totally amazing--it's hollow with
internal braces for the pad area and the fin and mast boxes. A
thirteen foot board that weighs 26 pounds). I'm going to have to use
a wood paddle.

I hope they came up with better materials for the 860 valve guides or
you'll be doing those again. We used to use the ones from the GT750.
even though they were shorter, they lasted longer.