fot

[FOT] total seal

To: FOT LIST <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] total seal
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:27:55 -0700
amici,

    I ran Total Seals in my turboed street TR6 for 40,000 miles - 1981 -
2001. When I tore the engine down 3 years ago the cylinder wall taper
was .001"-.0015". This poor engine was mistreated with bad fuel
mixtures, too much timing, bad gas, and general ignorance while trying
various hair brained schemes to make it run with a draw through system
and then a Lucas PI system. The compression was 160-165 with 7.5-1. The
leak down was tolerable also. I am sold on Total Seal.
    If you have any questions contact Keith Jones at Total Seal. Keith
is a friend of mine and he keeps current on the latest ring technology.
He handles lots of the Nascar and Champcar/IRL customers. Total Seal has
invested in new tooling in the last two years which allows them to make
the flatest and roundest rings in the market which means almost no
breakin needed. Typically the Prostock guys are seeing full power on
their second dyno pull. I am lucky being in Phoenix to be able to go
visit them whenever I have a question. (this time of year that's about
the only thing I can think of that's good about PHX)
Greg Lund