fot

RE: [FOT] Speedster tires

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Speedster tires
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:05:52 -0400
Finally looked at my Speedsters yesterday. They ran over 80 laps at
speed at VIR in April, and I have no second thoughts running the same
set at Mosport this week at VARAC's Vintage Festival.

The fronts wore exactly as I expected, more wear on the inner side. The
rears wore even, no scrub at all. Nothing like the Vintage TD's that
wore on the inside except for that innermost rib that looked fine.
Everybody that looked at a Vintage TD off my car thought my front end
was screwed up.

I think the Speedster is a tire we will be counting heat cycles, not
looking at tread wear. I've got 8 cycles on them now, and 7 to go this
weekend.

I'll know more next week. I'm off for Mosport tomorrow.

Cheers

Henry Frye
Triumph Technology Consultants
860.653.3118 (o) - 860.508.3118 (m)