fot

Re: [FOT] Re: Hoosier Speesters

To: BillDentin@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Re: Hoosier Speesters
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
I had this all written out in one big report, but my email couldn't  handle it
and I lost it. What just sent through the list was written  off memory.

  I don't have the information in front of me at the moment. I do  remember
changes, but I'm not going to state them until I have the  exact data as to not
confuse things. When it comes my way again (I'll  hopefully have it for you
tommorow) I'll type it all up in a very  detailed and easy to read fashion.

      This doesn't apply to our cars but I'll tell you what the Porsche guys
have found and are running.

  After Sat's Qualifying race, one of the Porsche 356 drivers came over,  one
to compliment on all the nice saves from that sway bar incident,  and another
to talk about the Hoosier Speedsters. This fellow started  the weekend at
around 32lbs hot air pressure. With the recommendation  of Vic Skirmants, he
bumped air pressures up until they were reading  37lbs hot. He dropped 4
seconds a lap with just this change. I talked  to Vic later on and he confirmed
this is what they are running. Car  weights are approx 1650lbs and negative
camber is -2 degrees. The tread  also showed to be "rolling" a little more than
that of the Dick's  Triumph. This is ODD. The lighter the car the lower you run
the air  pressures, not so apparently with the Porsche's. Vic was running mid
2'19's to low 2'20's throughout the weekend. Looking at their tires,  they too
were showing more wear in the center section than the outers,  but I expected
to see more considering the tire pressures they are
 running. BUT remember, these are a different type of car, with a  different
type of a suspension.

  As I said, I'll write up a nice report when I get the information. We  have a
quick Spec Miata racer / set-up guy among our ranks; he was  there and has ALL
the data at the moment, and he, I, Dick , and a few  others are hard at work
getting these things exactly where they should  be before the next event. The
Zippo GP should be interesting..

  -Bob

BillDentin@aol.com wrote:  In a message dated 06/21/2006 11:04:09 AM Central