fot

[FOT] Sad news from Mosport

To: "Amici Triumphi" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Sad news from Mosport
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:05:29 -0400
I am afraid I was premature in reporting a clean weekend at Mosport. I left
before the small bore cars ran their feature race, and got a phone call from
Russ Moore tonight.

Russ got punted in turn 8, the very fast right hander at the top of the back
straight. The car flipped and Russ rode out the slide upside down across the
track into the gravel. Russ is sore but OK, and we talked about what the car
needs to get back on track. Sounds like it will take a while...

So Russ is now a two time member of the not so prestigous ROoRO club. (thats
the Royal Order of Roll Overs) The first time was mechanical failure, he broke
a rear axle at turn 1 at Summit Point. This time the cause was an overzealous
Mini driver in a borrowed Bugeye. Russ got past her on the back straight but
she tried to get the place back by attempting a pass on the inside on the
fastest corner on the track. She lost it and her left front slid into Russ's
right rear.

Russ, I hope you get the Spit back together and on track soon!