fot

Re: [FOT] heim joint threaded rod source?

To: jhassall@blacksburg.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] heim joint threaded rod source?
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:17:51 -0400
Jim Hassel asked:

>I need to fabricate a throttle linkage for the Webers, but haven't been
>able to find a source for the LH/RH threaded rod.   Can someone pls send me
>a source?  And what is the proper nomenclature for the rod?

MacMaster-Carr is a gereat source.  I have fabricated many LH/RH heim-
jointed buckles (current project is a support for the Webers and manifold
because I am concerned that there is a lot of weight hanging on the end
of the cast Cannon manifold).  My sway bars, some suspension
components, alternator tensioner, steering and some other stuff have all
been made with heim joints sourced from MM-C.

Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and type in "ball bearing rod end" in the
search field.  More than you will ever want to know about rod ends (other
than to be found in Carrol Smith's book on hardware).

Cheaper than anywhere else as well.

I have no affiliation with MM-C, other than I send them a lot of money,
yadadadada.

Shane Ingate, on course, in Maryland
"Anyone can restore a car.  It takes a real man to cut one up".