fot

Re: [FOT] FOT Logo: Checkered vs. Debris Flag

To: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>, <N197TR4@cs.com>,
Subject: Re: [FOT] FOT Logo: Checkered vs. Debris Flag
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:20:58 -0700
It is true.  Triumph engines do tend to discard a little of their lube as they
pass along the milestones. This is part of the breed.  It is the happy feeling
that these engines enjoy,  keeping a fresh supply of oil passing through their
innards and thus keeping the complicated machinery in a good mood.  Bad humors
cannot be accumulated for the system refreshes and the blood of the engines is
restored on a continuous transfusion basis.

Many engines of the more modern ilk contain everything inside for too long and
the bad humors collect. They do not have the happy spirit of the Triumph,  you
see them on the scrap heap, alone, discarded as unloved and probably because
they did not keep their innards happy.  Pity them and be happy with the much
loved and revered Triumph.
Never Be beaten by Equipment
Kas Kastner