fot

RE: [FOT] 1.5 head

To: riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] 1.5 head
From: "CHARLES DELAUER" <budscars@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:38:57 +0000
Ok..it must be 'Fess Up' season....In about 1969...SCCA decided that 1/2"
over on the SU carbs was no longer legal..this meant that I had to change
from 1 3/4 to 1 1/2 on my MGA...Well...what 21 year old race driver had
money in those days?...(I even tied my car to the rental trailer with
rope)....I was at tech at Riverside, when the Holy Molys' told me I couldn't
race..I thought fast...."These are rare carburetors from an old Austin
Healey"..they are 1 3/4 at the opening, but onlly 1 1/2 at the
butterfy....The tech guy brought over Dick Guildstrand..who I guess was head
of tech that weekend....I told him my story...Dick Smiled..and said  "Let
him run'....
Racer Bud