fot

Re: [FOT] Pictures posted of cracked Speedster /Track Design

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Pictures posted of cracked Speedster /Track Design
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:35:34 EDT
The reason that I stay silent about most FOT tire posts is that I only run
radials on my street cars.  For the race tires, we worked with tire temps all
the time.

Hint: we talked with the Goodyear people Before the pre race sessions to
arrange  a mutually advantageous time to pit when they could measure our tire
temps right away.
We also used the  same pyrometer that they did, and used it with them until
our readings were the same.

Race track design went out with "risk management"
Passing in the dip at Atlanta before the "zit on Mona Lisa's nose" was added
there!
If you have to "bash-to-pass" on a track, things are not right.

Hardy

In a message dated 7/13/2006 3:50:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,