fot

RE: [FOT] 1964 Triumph TR4 solid axel shock conversion

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] 1964 Triumph TR4 solid axel shock conversion
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 21:58:01 -0700
> I bought a similar kit several years back, only the shocks are Carolla
> (yellow painted shocks).  I would have to look at the boxes to spell
> the name right.
>  They are still sitting on the shelf.  The kit shows one end of the shocks
> mounted to the sheet metal.

There are (at least) three different varieties of tube shock conversion running
around.  AFAIK, only one mounts to the sheet metal, and possibly they aren't
available any more.  At least one mounts to the original shock mounts.  Since
they all reduce tire clearance, which is at a premium on a TR3, I wasn't
interested.  Probably less of a problem on a TR4, though.

Randall