fot

[FOT] Classic Tow Vehicle Possibilities

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Classic Tow Vehicle Possibilities
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:38:00 -0500
This thread reminded me of something I spotted earlier this summer and quickly
suppressed (out of self-preservation, I suppose).  One of my partners is
processing an estate which owns a "1955 Chevy Nomad."  God knows whether it's a
real one or in one piece.

I stopped by the estate settlement department over lunch hour and the estate
still has the car for sale, according to their records.  I checked on the price
again and the personal representative has it listed at $3,500.  (Yes, this is
all public record information, for anyone wondering  :-)    That's the full
extent my knowledge of the matter.

At $3,500 it might be a basket case or a barn find or a real steal.  Who knows.
  It's probably a pile of rust with a Nomad badge.  Or an imposter.  Or so I
keep telling myself.

If anybody's interested, I'd be willing to go and look and take some photos.

Scott