fot

[FOT] Quartermaster clutch

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Quartermaster clutch
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:16:34 -0500
Promises, promises. Okay, this is really the last one, but this is
such a rare bird that I don't think I'd have enough space to do it on
eBay and nobody there would understand it.

I want to sell a perfectly good Quartermaster clutch, single (not
double) disc. It was used successfully in a TR4 vintage racer but the
owner wanted something different. This unit is lighter and is a
smaller diameter than the stock clutch. There is a brand new friction
disc that goes with it too.

If you want to upgrade to this clutch, you must have your flywheel
re-drilled, and the friction discs are for a 1" x 10 spline pilot
shaft so you may have to buy a new disc to fit your pilot shaft. This
1" x 10 spline was the pilot shaft used in the very early close ratio
boxes and maybe some others that I'm not familiar with. One
possibility is to buy this thing and then buy the proper disc to fit your car.

I believe this unit sells new for about $500 so if you can use it,
the first $150 takes it.

uncle jack