fot

Re: [FOT] Trans Mount

To: malaboge@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Trans Mount
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:55:10 -0500
Hi Nick -- I use the same system and it has worked in my car very
well. I've replaced the rear mount only once in ten years, and that
probably wasn't necessary. This system lets the engine vibrate but
not move radically. I also put a small piece of bent sheet metal
between the aluminum transmission and the frame mounting plate, right
angle, hole in one leg through which the bolt passes. I read about
that somewhere. I'm not sure it helps, but the whole thing works for me too.