fot

[FOT] Judson Supercharger

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Judson Supercharger
From: "eden howard" <edenhoward@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:09:41 +0000
Hey all,

I've just landed myself a Judson kit for my TR4!! couldn't help it, one of
those impuse things. Hard to find down here in Australia.

i've never played with one of these things before, would love to hear from
anyone with experience in set up, tuning, well anything really. I'm thinking
of putting together a drive from the crank rather than tear up the water
pump. Alternatively i could use an electric pump and use the water pump
pulley as an idler? any suggestions?

I'm currently using a thin belt drive with a harmonic balancer on the crank
pulley. compression is close to stock (will look into that further), 87mm
pistons & liners. bottom end has been lightened and balanced using the
original crank and rods, cam grind is mind at the moment, but i'm told
closer to original grinds will work better on boost because you have more
time with the valves closed. does that sound right?

I'm considering using a boost advance retard controller like the ones MSD
produce to keep detonation under control at higher revs. does anyone have
experience with these things? i'll also be ditching the points set up for an
electronic ignition control in the dizzy.

Really, i'm kind of in the dark here, if there is anyone out there who has
messed around with one of these things, or even seen them in action I'd love
to hear from you on or off the list.

Cheers, Eden