fot

Re: [FOT] TR3 fan extension

To: britcars@bellsouth.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR3 fan extension
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:07:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/2006 1:57:49 PM Central Standard Time,
britcars@bellsouth.net writes:

>  Does anyone know the origin of the aluminum TR3/4 fan extension? Where
> did they come from and when? I have one on ebay and just got curious why
> they exist. I have only seen two in my 35 years playing with Triumphs. Barry

I had two of them in my stash for awhile.  I heard a couple of things but my
memory is faulty on it.

As I remember, it was designed for plastic fans with one offset hole for the
plastic fan to fit in and secure from rotating.

>From a cost reduction/engineering/supplier standpoint anything is possible,
but I dont know.  I remain curious.