fot

Re: [FOT] A soggy Summit Point Weekend

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>, "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] A soggy Summit Point Weekend
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:47:55 -0400
I did see John's car afterward, though not the incident, and it is
impressive how the suspension, in the process of being torn off the car,
absorbs energy and preserves the driver.  Ouch  - big winter project ahead.

Over at the Jefferson circuit, the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association ran
Solo timed runs - had fun with my GT6 once the track dried out Saturday
afternoon, and on Sunday.  Dave Miller was there with his red E/P TR4 on
Saturday morning in the rain, ran the practice for the SCCA regional on the
main track that day as well in the rain, and raced the regional Sunday
morning.  He was driving well in  a crowded and diverse field, but on lap 13
or thereabouts something let go (con rod?) and the engine got ventilated on
both sides, one fist on the right and a two fist hole on the left.
I did not see any other Triumph representation at the regional, and at the
Solo, I think Rich Rock with his TVR came closest, with a TR6 rear
suspension and some front uprights, but Ford Cortina power.
Dave Yeager was also there running the regional in his VW Rabbit, but I
bailed on Sunday before his race, so I can't report on how he did.  A good
time was had by all, in spite of the rain starting off the weekend.