fot

RE: [FOT] Oils & Coolants

To: <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Oils & Coolants
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:53:36 -0700
>           I figure you guys might be able to help! I would like to
> know if anyone is running synthetic oil.

I've used Valvoline full synthetic in all my street=driven cars for many years
now, and I'm quite happy with it.  But I still use a reasonable viscosity, 20W50
in the TRactor motor & Stag; and 10W30 in the Chevy 350.  The super-thin stuff
might be OK on the track, but I'd prefer to see some oil pressure at hot idle.

However, I'll never try mixing additives with it again.  My Chevy 2.8L snapped a
crank about a week after I tried adding a quart of Rislone to see what would
happen.  That engine was famous for snapping cranks anyway, but it had run 1/4
million hard miles before I stupidly added the Rislone ...

Randall