fot

Re: [FOT] KN Wheel

To: BillB@bnj.com, lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [FOT] KN Wheel
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:38:52 EDT
In a message dated 09/20/2006 11:08:45 AM Central Daylight Time,
BillB@bnj.com writes:

> The overwhelming majority of
> rims for cars and race cars are type J. Be thankful. Some of those
> odd flanges were nearly impossible to mount, and even harder to get
> the tire to run true.

This is true.  Many years ago, when I was running just ARE Silverstone
wheels, BOB WOODWARD TIRES sponsored a vintage version of the old BADGER 200 at
ROAD
AMERICA.  He donated a set of tires to each Class winner.  I finished first
in class and seventh overall.  I was also last in class and last overall.  200
miles is a ball buster and seven cars finished out of about forty.  They now
run one hour enduros, vice 200 miles.

But BOB WOODMAN was unable to get the tires I won (HOOSIERs, I think) to seat
on my old ARE wheels.  Hence to use my prize, I had to buy my first set of
PANASPORTS.

Bill Dentinger