fot

[FOT] fender clearance with Speedsters

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] fender clearance with Speedsters
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:29:42 -0500
I'm a bit dismayed with the fender clearance that my TR4A has with the
205-60-15 Hoosier Speedsters. Its at least 4" with a level front to rear
ride height. Great for off track excursions I suppose. I have
Triumphtune's race front springs with their lowest ride height (6.5"/450
Lbs. as listed in the catalog). I may need to change to different front
springs to bring the front end down. The rear height was perfect with
their 550 lb springs but I had to add 1" spacers to level off the car.
The same front springs worked great on my TR4 but the 4A is apparently a
different animal.  It leads me to wonder if the .5" difference in
Hoosiers claimed tire OD between the 5.50TD and the new tire is really
greater then they tell us. I don't have a TD to try on the car anymore.
Anyone else having this issue when they change to the Speedsters?

Bob Kramer