fot

Re: [FOT] Mid-Ohio race report

To: henry@henryfrye.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Mid-Ohio race report
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:41:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/2006 8:38:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
henry@henryfrye.com writes:

> Bill Dentinger's frog blue TR3 ran strong all weekend, but Bill, you need
> to check your car's prostate. It took "marking it's territory" to a new
>level!
> Gotta fix that tinkle...

Yeah!  Not to mention the car's front suspension gone astray.  We estimate I
now have 5 1/2 degrees negative cambre in the front right and 3 1/2 in the
front left.  Optically all of whatever tow-out I have is in the front right.
My
car has plenty of power, but I need to fix the front suspension.  I also think
after all these years I need new rear springs.  When you stand at the front
and look at it, the car appears to be 'squatting' to make those major oil
deposits you refer to.  Of course that squatting may be from carrying me around
all
these years.

I added three quarts of oil during the week end.

But not to worry.  This was my tenth event this year, and far and away my
best.  The car's engine ran great.  No issues.  I am embarrassed to say that my
overheating and coolant overflow problems were due to using a 3/4" (deep)
radiator cap where the TR3 radiator requires a 1" (shame, shame).

I was at the back of the pack all week end, but I had a ball.  A good
percentage of that good time was watching Jeff and Henry go screaming by.  One
time
Henry almost lost it coming out of the left hander before the carrousel.  I
suspect only the laundry knows how excited he got.  Henry asked me if I noticed
that major wiggle.  I said, "Yeah...I thought it was Tony Drews going by."

The VSCDA MID-OHIO event was SUPER.

Bill Dentinger