fot

[FOT] TR2/3 LOWER WISHBONE MOUNTS

To: <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: [FOT] TR2/3 LOWER WISHBONE MOUNTS
From: "TONY VIGLIOTTI" <tony@rat-co.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:21:55 -0400
21 OCTOBER 06

HELLO KAS,
        Congrats on your new book. I'll be sending a check and an address in
the next few days. Hope you do well with your writing.
        I have a question for you and the FOT gang. As you know I am building
new frames for all the TR series cars under the RATCO trademark. I'm in the
process of building the first TR2/3 frame for which we have four orders in
house. It does not take long to notice, and a very short time if your
designing a replica, that the front end of a TR2/3 has no adjustability except
for toe in. After much thought and research, I have come to the conclusion
that if I were to change the lower wishbone mounts to the style of the TR250/6
series cars but leave everything in the same geometrical location, I would
have accomplished what the Triumph engineers did with the TR250/6 cars and
offer adjustability for caster and camber. Is this correct? Am I missing
something? Will I create a problem by adding this adjustability? Its probably
been done before but I am just not aware of the attempt or the results.
         My experience stops me right here and so I turn to the people who
know. Can you help me with this in the form of advice. I would appreciate it
and I'm sure future users of the new frame will be very happy.

Best Regards,
Tony Vigliotti
RATCO Inc.
631-205-2426