fot

[FOT] redundant fuel pumps and check valves

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] redundant fuel pumps and check valves
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 21:31:51 -0500
I am installing a Fram HPG1 fuel filter, and while I am at it I was
contemplating installing a standby fuel pump with associated plumbing and
check valves.  I was stopped in my tracks by the $89 (each) fuel check valves
in Pegasus.  Is there another alternative?  Perhaps I should just drift to a
stop when/if my fuel pump quits.  Plumbing fittings and two check valves make
this nearly a $300 idea, plus the fuel pump.