fot

[FOT] Motor Mount - Followup/now Torque Reaction Arm

To: triumph_marx@freenet.de, vintage.racer@comcast.net,
Subject: [FOT] Motor Mount - Followup/now Torque Reaction Arm
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:18:17 EST
List

The TR4 had, as OEM part, a 'torque reaction arm". I use this part. I left it
off once and I damaged my velocity stacks, on the inner fender wells, with
the additional engine rotation.

It uses a rubber bumper rather than hard mounting to the frame or body work.

There are several of these Torque Reaction Arms on my shelf, if someone would
like to try one.  They might fit a TR3A with some minor modifications.

It is a simple bolt-on at the lower right hand side of the engine and snubs
against the frame. It is a bit of puzzle on why it works, but it does.

Joe (A)