fot

Re: [Fot] Non FOT - Any Wisconsin FOTers with Harley-Davidson

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Non FOT - Any Wisconsin FOTers with Harley-Davidson
From: Steven Benford Jr <sbracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:24:50 -0800 (PST)
  Allen.

  Thanks for replying.  I work for Goss International Corporation and we
manufacture newspaper and commercial printing presses.  About two years ago we
purchased another printing press company in New Hampshire.  Our president, who
was originally from the company we just bought, decided to move the
headquarters from Chicago to New Hampshire.  Of course we find out later that
he never sold his home in New Hampshire.

  With the joining of two companies, Goss now has two technical publications
departments.  I was one of the honored few who were asked to relocate.  I chose
not to make the move as my wifes family is near, the school systems are better
here, and I really didnt like what the area had to offer.  I have been writing
parts catalogs, maintenance / operation manuals and service bulletins for the
last seventeen years.

  Harley-Davidson just posted an opening for a technical writer  service
literature and parts catalogs.  This is exactly what I do and they could have
written their posted job requirements using my resume as a guide.  A prefect
fit!  That is why I was asking if anyone had a contact at H-D.  The posting
said the job was at the Juneau Avenue facility, so I am assuming the Technical
Publications department is located there as well.  I am looking for a contact
in the Technical Publication department, or in human resources.  I just want
get my resume in front of the person the job reports to.

  Thanks.
  Steve

Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com> wrote:  We know many folks at H-D but I
would need to know what
you are looking for specifically before I could guide you. Fill me in.
I would be glad to try and help out.