fot

Re: [Fot] Setting sights on the salt

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Setting sights on the salt
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:25:47 -0800 (PST)
Speaking of mjb's wedge ... maybe someone here can help.

Last time I visited him, one of the tasks was putting a TriumphTune
Weber manifold on the engine. We puzzled out the less-than-clear
directions for modifying the coolant plumbing, got everything
back together, filled the system and .... puddled coolant
all over.

The new O-ring they supplied to seal the intake manifold to
the head at the big coolant passage is apparently too small, given
the thickness of the manifold gasket. The new O-ring looked
to be about the same size as the old one.

Are there various thicknesses of gasket? Or should we go looking for
a thicker O-ring? Or is there some other typical solution?

Thanks,
chris