fot

Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM
From: "Henry Morrison" <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:34:58 -0700
Well, my boys and I have two and one half of the Scalextric sets and more
cars than I can count.  No NASCAR, Semi tractors or other non Vintage riff
raf are allowed to soil our set.  You will end up buying a couple sets just
to make the straights long enough and end up getting a bunch of the
different radius corners so you can have fast sweepers as well as hairpins.
Then you need various 1/2 and 1/4 length straights to make it all work.  The
down side is we also stuff wires along each rail with our pocket knives to
make sure we don't have any dead spots.  Among our fleet we have Ferrari
Coda Lungas, Porsche 917, 908, Austin Healey 3000 Jag E type about 3 Dtypes,
2 new Minis 2 GT40's, Vanwall, Daytona Coupe, Saleen S7, Lotus super7 and
more.  There is a TR3 kit available from England, but out of our budget.  My
wife thinks its rather nerdy, but she already married me.  Kids are
definitely on my side......................Henry Morrison