fot

Re: [Fot] TR 4 Differential

To: FOT LIST <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR 4 Differential
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:05:51 -0700
    Another thing we tried was an old dirt track trick. I ran a bead of
weld on each side gear between two teeth. The theory is  that the gear
can turn a partial revolution to allow better corner entry and exit. You
can imagine the crashing going on inside the diff and I was very
skeptical but we were assured by an MG and Elva racer that they had
"used it a lot with no problem". The problem is that the TR6 has
horsepower and a small diff and the anemic MG engine has little hp and
the diff in an Elva is much bigger. Also the TR weighs more and hooks up
harder. Two hard laps at Mid Ohio killed that idea and the diff.
Greg